This article is all about Being a Recruitment Consultant in the Healthcare Industry. Mylocum Academy is a place where we are honoured to devote time and expert training for the next generation of recruiters.
This profession is one of our top roles that we look for in this company so that our nurses, doctors and midwives have all the support and trust in their consultants.
This is the A&E Nurse we currently have in London.
What is a Healthcare Recruitment Consultant?
Healthcare Recruitment Consultants are responsible for attracting candidates for jobs and helping to find the right temporary or permanent positions with client companies.
You’ll protect candidates by interviewing them, running background checks and finally matching them to clients.
You will also be provided advice to both clients and candidates on salary levels, training requirements and career opportunities.
Duties and Responsibilities of a Healthcare Recruitment Consultant:
As a candidate, you must trust the consultant to put you forward for roles which are best suited for you. On the other hand, for a recruitment consultant, you are the vital link between clients and candidates. Also, all the communication related to the interview dates, salary, employment terms, start date and many more will go through the recruitment consultant.
The role is demanding and diverse. It involves:
- Using sales, business development, marketing techniques and networking to attract business from client companies.
- Visiting clients to build and develop positive relationships.
- Advertise vacancies.
- Developing a good understanding of client companies, their industry, what they do, their work culture and environment.
- Headhunt – finding candidates who aren’t active in job searching.
- Using candidate databases to match the right person to the client’s vacancy.
- Briefing the candidate about responsibilities, salary and benefits of the job.
- Preparing CVs and correspondence to forward to clients regarding suitable applicants.
- Adjusting pay and salary rates, finalising arrangements between clients and candidates.
- Reviewing recruitment policies to ensure effectiveness of selection techniques and recruitment programmes.
This is the Registered Mental Health Nurse we currently have in Brighton.
It would help if you also enjoyed working in a high pressure environment and the responsibility that comes with it. You’ll need to show evidence of the following:
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Sales and negotiation skills
- The ability to handle multiple priorities
- Problem solving ability
- Able to meet deadlines and targets
- Ambition and the determination to succeed
- Confidence and self-motivation
- Time management and organisational skills
- Customer service
- Working part of a team
Why choose this profession?
Recruitment has been a very popular career choice for under graduates who can display the social and intellectual skills they have gained whilst attending university. There many intention behind this and there is 5 most popular aims to become a Recruitment Consultant:
- You can change someone’s life
- You can change a company’s direction
- It’s competitive and rewarding
- Salary and opportunities
- The social aspects
Being a Healthcare Recruitment Consultant for Mylocum Academy, is so that we can help you for those who never experienced this profession in an office environment. We can provide you with support throughout anything you are unsure of like how to talk to clients or how to use candidate databases to match the right person to the client’s vacancy.
This is the Registered General Nurse we currently have in Birmingham.
Overall, we have covered what is healthcare recruitment and the responsibilities and skills that are the most important thing to know, so that you can meet them as a target. Also, we talked about why we chose this profession with Mylocum Academy.